What is eSIM?
eSIM is an advanced SIM technology which in embedded in your phones to activation of your mobile number without having to insert a physical SIM.
With eSIM, you can digitally activate and store multiple phone numbers.
It also allows customers to switch between multiple Jazz numbers without the hassle of changing physical SIMs
- Digital Activation of your SIM through internet
- No need for physical SIM change
- Compatible Handsets like iPhone XS,XR and XS max will become dual SIM phones
- Visit any Jazz Business center to register for eSIM on your number
- After registration, you will receive a QR code on a voucher.
- Scan the QR code in your iPhone’s setting
For a limited time Jazz is offering eSIM activation free of charge from all Jazz Business Centers
How to active your eSIM
- Connect your Phone to the internet via Wi-Fi
- Go to Settings > Cellular
- Select “Add Cellular Plan” and the camera will automatically launch
- Use your Phone camera to scan the QR code
- Your eSIM will be active in 5 minutes
Terms and conditions
- Bio metric verification will be required prior to eSIM activation
- A new QR code is required if you switch your phone.
- For security reasons, please do not share the QR code with anyone.
- Handsets Supported:
- iPhone XS / XS Max / XR
- Google Pixel 3 / XL
- (iOS 12.1 and above)
- Apple watches not supported current
eSIM is a digital SIM that allows you to activate a mobile account number without having to use a physical SIM. The new iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR feature dual SIM with a nano SIM and an eSIM.
How is the eSIM different from the physical SIM?
The eSIM can save multiple phone numbers which you can add, delete and configure right from your iPhone’s settings.
Can I add multiple eSIM accounts on my unlocked iPhone?
Yes, you can add multiple eSIM accounts on your unlocked iPhone from the Jazz. However, only one can be active at a time.
Will all my current services work if I replaced my physical SIM with the eSIM?
Yes, all of your existing services and tariffs will exist on your new eSIM.
Will my eSIM on iPhone work while roaming?
Yes, it will.
Where can I subscribe to eSIM?
You can get a new eSIM account or replace your existing physical SIM with an eSIM by visiting any Jazz Business Centre or outlet.
Can I still use the physical SIM after I activated my jazz eSIM?
After eSIM activation, your physical SIM for same number will be de-activated.
You can use the physical slot for another mobile number if you want.
What happens when I factory reset? will I lose my jazz eSIM activation?
Yes, your eSIM activation on your iPhone will be lost, and you will need to visit Jazz business center once more to reactivate your subscription to the eSIM and to get a new QR code.
Can I cancel my jazz eSIM and return to the physical SIM?
Yes, you can always replace your eSIM with the traditional physical SIM, by visiting any Jazz Business enter. Standard SIM change charges will apply
What do I need to do if I lose my QR Code?
If you lose your QR Code before scanning it, please call 111 or visit any Jazz Business center outlet to deactivate it, to avoid someone else scanning this code.
Can my WhatsApp application work for two mobile numbers on my dual iPhone?
No. WhatsApp works only for one mobile number on the iPhone.